We are always in search of used and vintage gear from quality brands including Fender, Taylor, Martin, Gibson, Paul Reed Smith, Rickenbacker, Gretsch and many others.
Depending on the brand, condition and year your gear was manufactured, together we can decide which of the following three options works best for you:
- SELL: Detroit Guitar may be willing to purchase your gear outright.
- TRADE: Your gear can be used for store credit at Detroit Guitar.
- CONSIGN: Detroit Guitar can sell your gear on a consignment basis. Our fee is 25% of the final sale price (20% if the sale price is above $3000). We only ask that the consignment period is no less than 60 days.
Please remember that there are some items that we will not be interested in, due to factors such as brand, condition, our store inventory, and our view of marketability.
Detroit Guitar has a proven record of success on gear we have sold on consignment. Our success is based upon the following reasons:
- We only consign gear that we think will sell.
- We only consign gear if we can agree on an offering price that is approximately the estimated market value based upon recent sales.
- We showcase your gear in our showroom in downtown Birmingham, with posts on our Facebook page, a listing on our website (offering free shipping which we pay for), and a listing in our eBay store. The result of this combination of marketing is that your gear receives maximum exposure in the marketplace.
To discuss these options further, please visit Detroit Guitar, email us, or call us at 855-540-9900.